Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finally, some colorful progress!!!


Well things are finally coming along. You can really see some progress. We have 3 rooms painted and what a difference!! This is really looking like "my shabby cottage home" with less shabby and more color!! My home is really a palette of color!

And for your viewing pleasure....VOILA!!!

This is looking from the great room to the family room. The blinds have been taken down and they're not going back up. I love the open look. So bright and fresh! And check out my beautiful new fan! I love the intricate work on the top. Very victorian cottage! I loved this fan so much I bought 3 of them!!






And this is one end of the family room with the triple sliders leading to the pool!




If you look at previous posts you will see what a remarkable transformation these rooms are. When we finish I'll post before and after photos so you don't have to scroll back to remember how bad the rooms looked. I feel very lucky that others did not see my "vision" of this home and I was able to "steal it"!

This is the master bedroom painted. The color is called "haystack", such a crappy name for such a pretty color. It came out a little darker than the sample but it still will look beautiful with my bed and quilts, especially when we get the cherry floor down.




This is the new addition to the master. It looks fabulous! We still have to add the "bungalow" full arch which will definitely add more character.




And look how the "la di dah" library turned out! I'm just crazy about it! The color again turned out darker than the sample but It still looks fabulous!! One of the photos is the new painted wall against the white windows and the other is even more fabulous! The wall of closets wasn't there before! That was the huge opening that had the triple sliding asian screens for a door. Isn't is awesome???






This is the other side of the closet wall in the family room. Isn't it incredible???



Well that's it for this post. I was up til 2am priming the trim and today I get to paint it! Plus clean all those beautiful wood shelves in the "la di dah" library. No rest for the wicked!!

Linda



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a difference! It is really fun watching this come along. I can just see it's going to be fantastic!