Friday, July 25, 2008

Busy Busy Busy!!!!



Hello All!

I haven't posted since I closed on my shabby home. It's been a very busy time with ripping up carpeting, pulling out old appliances, cleaning up the yard, stripping wallpaper and on and on and on. In between all this, I have to fly off for my trips to pay for all this luxury.... Below are some photos of what I've been doing.

The first is the view from the front door since all the carpeting has been ripped up and boy did it stink!! The house had been vacant for over a year and I don't know what comes out at night, but whatever it was must have gone into the carpet, pee-hew!! Under the carpet was lovely terrazzo flooring except for a huge cement square in the center of the great room. Come to find out, the previous owner had a baby grand piano on a stage in the center and they must have reinforced it with cement. That's another problem for me as we have to chip around it to even out the floor before tiling.





Below is a picture of the view from the back of the house toward the front. I'm standing on the fireplace hearth to take it. The 2 rooms look a lot lighter and very airy with the light colored floor. To the right is the torn apart kitchen.




This is the kitchen with all the cupboard doors taken off and all the appliances gone. It looks kind of naked, doesn't it? I'm lining up all the doors in the family room to paint them. It's way too hot to paint outside. It was like 100 degrees the other day so thank goodness for good old a/c!! Check out the foil 60's retro wallpaper. Isn't it AWFUL!! It's all coming down!!



This is a picture of the "library" (doesn't that sound la-de-dah) full of carpet.




This has taken me 2 days to do and it's not done yet!! Stripping bamboo wallpaper is very difficult since there is a layer of paper under the stringy bamboo material. This shows I'm vertically challenged since I didn't have a ladder (I do now) and could only work on what I could reach.



And finally, the pool is looking better! We can finally see the bottom. My helper actually dove in!! I'm going to wait til it's finally crystal clear before I take a dip. That should be very soon.



Well that's it for this post. I have to go pack my suitcase for a trip tomorrow. For those of you who don't know, I'm a flight attendant so when I go to work, I leave the state.

See you in about 3 days!

Linda

P.S. About the two little guys at the top of this post; the pretty one in the back is my bestest friend, Skyla, a maltipoo. He is helping me renovate our new home. And the cute one in the front doing a spread eagle, is my daughter's baby, Detective Munch, or Munchkin, a schitzu maltese. His name comes from our all time favorite show in the world, Law and Order. Aren't they adorable!!!!










No comments: