Friday, June 27, 2008

Flamingo Alert

I love flamingos! and palm trees and kitsch!! So since I have a retro pink tile bathroom that I can't afford to gut right now, it's just screaming FLAMINGO!!! And I'm listening! This is the bathroom, again foil paper and all, yuck!!! But the tile is perfect in it's 1960's glory and maybe it would be a shame to gut this perfect piece of history kitsch.






But....with a little stripping of the paper and a little light aqua or seafoam green paint on the walls, a new mirror over the sink and a couple of my mosaic flamingo pieces maybe another mirror and a large flamingo and maybe a flamingo light switch etc and... Voila....Pink Flamingo Kitsch!!!



How can you not LOVE flamingos! They make such a statement and conjure up such nostalgic thoughts.


Kitschy Koo to all!

Linda

No comments: